Due to our busy schedules, fitting in a manicure can prove difficult. An express manicure at home is an ideal solution which should take no more than 30 minutes of our day. Performed weekly, we can all have beautiful looking nails everyday. Below is my professional guide to an express manicure at home.
Time Allowed: 30 minutes
Skill Level: ♥
- Cuticle Pusher Stick
- Cuticle Nail Plier
- 220 Grit Nail File
- Quick Dry Base Coat Polish
- Quick Dry Coloured Nail Polish
- Quick Dry Top Coat Polish
- Firstly, remove all traces of old nail polish using a non acetone polish remover and a cosmetic pad.
- Next, begin to gently push the cuticles back using a cuticle pusher stick.
- Begin to file the nails to the desired shape using the file in one direction so not to damage the nail plate. Gently, push the nail file downwards at the end of the nail plate to seal the tips from roughness from filing.
- Check for hangnails and gently remove using the cuticle nail plier.
- Apply the Base Coat thinly to all nails and allow to dry for 1 minute.
- Next, apply the first coat of you chosen nail polish preferably a quick drying nail polish.
- Apply the brush to the middle of the nail bed, then brush along the left and right sides to paint the full nail. Allow to dry for two minutes.
- Now, apply the second coat of polish.
Depending on the colour shade used, the number of coats can vary. You may feel you need to add a third coat if using a paler shade.
- Tidy and fix any smudges using a cotton wool bud dipped in nail polish remover to gentle remove.
- Finally, apply the Top Coat nail polish to each nail.
Allow to dry for at least ten minutes before continuing with everyday activities to avoid smudges.